Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Event: The Regional Security Office of the U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe anticipates demonstrations on October 25, 2022, at the U.S. Embassy that may impact Embassy operations, and in other areas of Harare. Tuesday, October 25th is the annual SADC-designated Anti-Sanctions Day. We also anticipate demonstrations at the U.K. and E.U Embassies. Demonstrations are possible at other areas throughout Zimbabwe. While there is no indication of a threat specifically directed at American citizens, the Embassy recommends that all Americans in Zimbabwe maintain a heightened state of vigilance on October 25, 2022. As always, we urge citizens to avoid large gatherings and demonstrations, as they can quickly escalate without notice.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Zimbabwe:
· See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
· Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
· Stay alert and avoid openly displaying cash.
· Carry a copy of your passport and visa and leave originals in your hotel safe.
· Stay away from political rallies, demonstrations, and crowds.
· Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
· Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Review the Crime and Safety Report for Zimbabwe.
· U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
United States Embassy Harare, Zimbabwe
2 Lorraine Drive, Harare, Zimbabwe
Tel: +263-867-701-1000 Emergency +263 -772 559-727
State Department – Consular Affairs
Tel: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444