Last updated: [July, 29, 2022]
*** Effective Sunday, June 12 at 12:01 a.m. EDT, the CDC rescinded its Order requiring all airline or other aircraft passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 to board any aircraft destined to the United States from a foreign country. Of note, CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Please check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- According to the Zimbabwe Ministry of Health, Zimbabwe has a cumulative total of 256,315 confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and 5,574 deaths as of July 28, 2022.
- People must wear face masks in public and observe social distancing, defined as keeping a distance of at least one meter from any other individual (this requirement has not been enforced consistently).
- Every person arriving in Zimbabwe will be asked to show valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Those who cannot show proof of being fully vaccinated must show a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of their departure to Zimbabwe. Those with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 do not need proof of a negative PCR test to enter Zimbabwe.
- A curfew is in place from midnight to 5:30AM (this requirement has not been enforced consistently).
- Restaurants, bars, and night clubs may operate from 8AM to 10PM and offer sit-in service to vaccinated customers only (this requirement has not been enforced consistently).
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Zimbabwe? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 24 hours? Yes
List of laboratories assessed and certified by the Government of Zimbabwe
Test results may be returned by text message or email. Some labs will provide a physical copy upon request. Many travelers are able to organize any required testing through their hotel or lodge.
- Lancet Medical Laboratories, St Annes Hospital/ Baines Avenue/ Borrowdale/ Boscobel – Harare
- PSMI Medical Laboratories 132 S. Machel Avenue/ Parkview/ Immuno Diagnostic Centre/ West End Hospital – Harare
- Cimas Medical Labs 60 Baines Avenue/ Borrowdale Park/ Montagu Clinic/ High Glen – Harare
- Baines Pathology Laboratory – Harare
- Corporate 24 Medical Laboratories – Harare
- Belvedere Medical Centre – Laboratory – Harare
- Ace Air & Ambulance Services (Pvt) Ltd – Harare
- Immunopath Diagnostic Laboratory Services – Harare
- Mars Clinical Laboratories – Harare
- Vislink Investments t/a Trauma Centre- Harare
- Central 24 Medical Laboratories – Harare
- Lancet Medical Laboratories – Bulawayo
- Cimas Medical Labs- Bulawayo
- Corporate 24 Medical Laboratories – Bulawayo
- Mater Dei Hospital Laboratory (DLS)- Bulawayo
- 24 Hours Diagnolab – Bulawayo
- Immuno-Genetics Medical Laboratories- Bulawayo
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Chinhoyi
- Lancet Medical Laboratories – Chinhoyi
- Lancet Medical Laboratories, Gweru
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Gweru
- Cimas Medical Labs- Gweru
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Kwekwe
- Lancet Medical Laboratories – Kwekwe
- Cimas Medical Laboratories – Kwekwe
- Cimas Medical Labs – Mutare
- Lancet Medical Laboratories- Mutare
- PSMI Medical Laboratories –Mutare
- Lancet Medical Laboratories- Masvingo
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Masvingo
- Collin Saunders Hospital Laboratory – Triangle, Masvingo
- Lancet Medical Laboratories- Bindura
- Lancet Medical Laboratories-Victoria Falls
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Victoria Falls
- Cimas Medical Laboratories – Victoria Falls
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Marondera
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Rusape
- Cimas Medical Labs – Makoni- Chitungwiza
- South Medical Hospital Laboratories – Chitungwiza
- PSI Medical Laboratories – Chitungwiza
- Chitungwiza New Start Center Laboratory – Chitungwiza
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Beitbridge
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Chiredzi
- Quality Diagnostics Laboratories – Zvishavane
- Carelab Medical Laboratories – Hwange
- Hwange Colliery Laboratory – Hwange
- World Class Medical Laboratory – Filabusi
- Gwanda Private Clinical Laboratories – Gwanda
- PSMI Medical Laboratories – Kadoma
- Medtrek Clinical Laboratories – Chipinge
- National Microbiology Reference Laboratory
- Plumtree District Hospital
- Gwanda Provincial Hospital
- Beitbridge District Hospital
- St Lukes Mission Hospital
- Victoria Falls Hospital
- Gutu Mission Hospital
- Masvingo Provincial Hospital
- Gweru Provincial Hospital
- Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital
- Kadoma General Hospital
- Marondera Provincial Hospital
- St Alberts Mission Hospital
- Bindura Provincial Hospital
- Rusape General Hospital
- Mutare Provincial Hospital
- Chipinge District Hospital
- Sally Mugabe Central Hospital
- Parirenyatwa Central Hospital
- Chitungwiza Central Hospital
Research and Non-Governmental Organizations:
- Population Service International (PSI)
- Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI)
- African Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Technology (AIBST)
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Zimbabwe approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use?
- Yes: Sinopharm’s BBIBP-CorV, Sinovac’s CoronaVac, Bharat Biotech’s COVAXIN, and the Sputnik V vaccines. Zimbabwe government officials have stated that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is approved, but it is not yet available in Zimbabwe.
- Are vaccines available in Zimbabwe for U.S. citizens to receive?
- Yes, at a cost. Only public and private sites participating in the Government of Zimbabwe’s vaccination campaign offer
- Which vaccines are available in Zimbabwe?
- All the vaccines listed above are available in Zimbabwe.
- Please visit the website of Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Health and Child Care for local updates.
- Where can one learn more about FDA-approved vaccines?
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas.
- Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No, except for travelers who are not fully vaccinated.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Where can U.S. citizens get information about renewing or extending visas. U.S. citizens can obtain it at the Department of Immigration Control website .
- Is a curfew in place? Yes.
- What time is the curfew? Currently from midnight to 5:30AM (this curfew has not been enforced consistently).
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- More information about Government of Zimbabwe COVID-related policies is available here.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
Fines for Non-Compliance (if applicable)
- Individuals found violating curfew may be subject to fines and/or arrest.
- The law states that travelers who present fake COVID-19 certificates will be arrested and prosecuted.
- The U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe is offering routine American Citizen services. To schedule an appointment for a passport service for U.S. Citizens, please use this online reservation system .
- To reserve an appointment for notarial services, please follow this link .
- If you are unable to find an appointment and your situation is an emergency, including emergency passport services, or for other inquiries, including Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the U.S. Embassy at 0867 701 1000.
- The Consular Section is currently providing limited visa services. More information is available here.