The overall mission of the U.S. Embassy in Harare is:
- To protect the interests and safety of American citizens in Zimbabwe,
- To present U.S. government policies and concerns to the government and people of Zimbabwe,
- To assist with Zimbabwe’s development and humanitarian needs,
- And to build lasting personal and institutional linkages between the people of the United States and Zimbabwe.
In 2016 our top priorities are:
- To Provide Effective Humanitarian Assistance to Vulnerable Groups; as well as promote food security in Zimbabwe through agricultural development and the President’s Feed the Future initiative.
- To support the fundamental values of democracy, human rights and the rule of law including alignment of existing laws with the new constitution.
- To Support Delivery of Quality HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, and child and maternal health programs with the government of Zimbabwe.
- To advocate for clear, consistent policies and anti-corruption efforts as the basis for sustained economic growth and Economic Recovery.
- To provide economic opportunities for women and young Zimbabweans through entrepreneurship skills training and fostering linkages with American businesses.