NOW OPEN: Call for Applications: Fulbright Student Program (2023)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ZIMBABWEAN CITIZENS
Advanced Degree Scholarships in the United States
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program awards scholarships to Zimbabwean university faculty for advanced degrees in the United States. Candidates are funded for a maximum of two years. Awards and university placements will be announced in March/April for programs beginning in August/September of each year. Designed primarily to provide professional development and strengthen higher education, the Student Program is the largest Fulbright program in Africa (application deadline: April 1, 2023).
- Commitment to work at an educational institution in Zimbabwe upon completion of the program;
- Completed prior academic study equivalent to at least a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree;
- Outstanding academic records and preparation in their chosen field;
- Satisfactory test scores (TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.). N.B. Test fees are paid for finalists by the Fulbright program; and
- High motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program within a specific timeframe.
After national selection, nominations are recommended to the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board for final review. The Institute of International Education then seeks university placement of successful candidates.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023
Apply here: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024