Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
Out of an abundance of caution, U.S. Embassy personnel are instructed to be aware that extremists increasingly aim to identify and attack “soft” targets, such as:
- high-profile public events (sporting contests, political rallies, demonstrations, holiday events, celebratory gatherings, etc.)
- hotels, clubs and restaurants
- places of worship
- shopping malls and markets
- tourism infrastructure and tourist sites
- public transportation systems
The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- United States Embassy Harare, Zimbabwe
2 Lorraine Drive
Emergency +263 -772 559-727
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Zimbabwe Country Information