U.S. Embassy to Zimbabwe
December 17, 2019
Event: Holidays in Zimbabwe provide increased risk for criminal activity. There is a heightened risk of armed robbery, assault, and kidnapping. Travelers to Zimbabwe are perceived to have gifts or large amounts of cash.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance throughout the holiday season and at holiday events.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use caution when driving at night and avoid walking after dark.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Keep a low profile.
- United States Embassy Harare, Zimbabwe
2 Lorraine Drive
Emergency +263 -772 559-727
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Review Zimbabwe Country Information on https://travel.state.gov/
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter