U.S. Embassy Harare, Zimbabwe
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Weather-related Event
February 16, 2017
The Zimbabwe Meteorological Service has issued a high alert for tropical cyclone-type rainfall from Thursday, February 16, 2017 until Monday, February 20, 2017. The most likely impacted areas include Masvingo and Matabelaland South provinces, as well as the southern areas of Manicaland Province.
All U.S. citizens living in or traveling to the area should monitor local weather reports, follow directions from local officials, and take other appropriate actions as needed.
• For further information about security in Zimbabwe:
• See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Country Specific Information for Zimbabwe.
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
• Contact the U.S. Embassy in Zimbabwe, located at 172 Herbert Chitepo Avenue in Harare from Monday to Thursday at 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +263 772 559 727 or send a WhatsApp text to +263 772 124 896.
• Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
• Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.